This is an introductory course to the field of finance with a broad scope and emphasis on general principles.
The primarily goal of the course is to give students the capacity to understand the theory and apply, in real world situations, the techniques that have been developed in the field of finance, and to give the big picture so that students can understand how things fit together.
The main objectives of the course are to provide insight into:
- how to measure and evaluate performance of a company;
- time value of money concept and its implication;
- exchange rates and exchange rate risk;
- criteria for making investment decisions;
- how to value equity and debt instruments;
- relationships between risk and return;
- capital structure choice; and
- payout policy.
- Teacher: Olga Uzhegova